Originally released on 10/27/20
Bethlehem, PA – The Lehigh Valley Business Coalition on Healthcare (LVBCH) has selected AmeriHealth Administrators (AHA) as the Coalition’s Third-Party Administrator (TPA) Medical Partner to better enable member employers to provide affordable, high-quality health care for their respective employees. In making this selection, the LVBCH Board of Directors has endorsed AHA as a Preferred Partner for TPA Services.
AHA participated in an extensive review process. To earn the Coalition’s Preferred Partner status, they had to demonstrate better plan performance, pricing, or enhanced service capabilities, giving employers more flexibility to select plan administrators that best meet their needs. Using a market-based approach, the Coalition negotiates rates that are exclusive to its members and better than individual employers could obtain on their own. AHA’s preferred pricing for LVBCH members is available immediately.
“AHA is proud to partner with LVBCH,” said Mike Sullivan, President and CEO, AmeriHealth Administrators. “LVBCH has a long-standing reputation for providing members with access to affordable and innovative healthcare solutions. AHA has a similar focus by providing innovative self-funding solutions to employers. Together, we can expand the unique options available to LVBCH’s employer members.”
LVBCH’s endorsement is a testament the value and capabilities that AmeriHealth Administrators offers. Key AmeriHealth Administrator highlights include:
- Taking pride in providing the highest level of accountability, transparency, and access to employer groups
- Technology driven, seasoned TPA willing to partner and integrate with a suite of LVBCH endorsed products and services to meet evolving employer needs
- Offering a highly flexible claims processing platform with the capability to program auto adjudication and target “hot spots” through applying custom triggers on diagnosis code or claim dollar threshold level
- Supporting each employer group with a cross-functional team which includes account management, an analytics consultant, and the in-house clinical team to ensure visibility into trends through reporting, data-driven analysis, and solution development based on actual utilization
- Commitment to providing the highest levels of service via a designated customer service team comprised of our highest performers.
“As a first time Preferred Partner and purchasing option through the Coalition, we are excited to partner with AmeriHealth Administrators,” said Carl Seitz, President, LVBCH. “In addition to the high value and strong capabilities of AHA’s services, this partnership also provides a unique opportunity to bundle the Coalition’s purchasing programs in a way to bring added value to our employer members.”
Coalition purchasing programs are available directly to employer members, and also through our members’ consultant and broker representatives, which is an integral part of LVBCH’s membership recruitment. Employers are encouraged to contact their consultant/broker or LVBCH to learn more about our purchasing programs. For more information, visit www.lvbch.com or www.ahatpa.com.
LVBCH is a multi-state, not-for-profit, coalition of employers striving to provide access to quality affordable healthcare for their employees. The Coalition’s mission is to improve the delivery, cost and quality of health care in our communities through: Collective employer action; Quality and data initiatives; Value based purchasing; and, Providing forums for the exchange of information, ideas and resources. The Coalition is also a member of the National Alliance of Healthcare Purchaser Coalitions, the National Quality Forum and The Leapfrog Group. For more information, visit www.LVBCH.com.
About AmeriHealth Administrators
AmeriHealth Administrators, Inc. has a history of innovation in managing self-funded health plans and providing business process outsourcing services for insurers and payers. As a third- party administrator, its service offerings include self-funded health plan management; health management; pharmacy, vision, and dental plans; niche market expertise with unions, correctional facilities, hospital and health systems, and government; and supplemental life, disability, accident, and critical illness insurance. For more information, visit www.ahatpa.com.